Our client is a construction company based mainly within the Food and Beverage Industry and due to continued success, the company is currently looking to hire an experienced Yardman to come and join the team.
Main Purposes of the Role: To provide a full support service to production and operational teams, ensuring the timely preparation and delivery of plant, equipment and materials and ensure the stores, equipment and grounds are maintained in line with Company requirements.
- Transport/Deliver/Collect materials, plant and equipment in a timely, efficient and safe manner throughout the country.
- Operate the warehouse/unit FLT in a safe manner and carryout all necessary daily safety checks.
- Loading and unloading of deliveries to and from the yard/warehouse.
- Keep the delivery vehicles and FLT clean and tidy at all times.
- Organising the warehouse/compound and stock to ensure sufficient stock levels are maintained.
- Carryout simple unit maintenance – light bulbs, cutting grass, sweeping leafs, decorating, minor repairs and odd jobs.
- Ensure that fire exits and fire extinguishers are operational in the building.
- Follow all Health and Safety procedures as per company and departmental requirements
- Safe and effective operation of the vehicle, including daily safety checks. Driving and delivery of materials as requested to agreed deadlines, at all times observing Highway regulations
- Safe and accurate FLT operation and recording of all safety checks.
- Operations are undertaken methodically and safely, and accurate stock allocation and recording.
- Vehicles always in a presentable and tidy state.
- Effective storage and retrieval of goods/materials, clean and tidy warehouse/compound floor at all times, maintain a safe workplace. Notification of required stock levels to Plant Manager/Purchasing Administrator
- Flexible approach to ongoing requirements with high levels of housekeeping maintained
- Site is welcoming to all users and conforms to health and safety requirements
- Equipment is checked and maintained.
- Exercise skill, care and diligence to ensure all H&S procedures are rigorously followed, including waste disposal in line with health and safety standards
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Yardman, Construction, Manufacturing
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com