Salary: Highly Competitive
Benefits: Company pension, 28 days holiday
Hours: Full Time
Our client is a privately owned company which offers a highly professional service specialising in the restoration or replacement of cast and wrought metalwork. They are currently looking for an experienced workshop manager to join their team.
- Overseeing the day to day activity within the workshop
- Ensure that the workshop is kept clean and organised
- Oversee the management of workshop storage and deliveries, managing good in-out.
- Working closely with the Operations Manager to improve production, quality, and on-time delivery targets.
- Overseeing and assist in the fabrication and construction of a wide range of bespoke items
- Managing the workshop team and appropriately allocating space and resources, managing workshop workflow and efficiency.
- Managing site staff on their return from site installations, ensuring they store their equipment safely.
- Correctly and in an appropriate location. Assigning them specific tasks when they are not working on site.
- Accurately work from and interpret detailed drawings as and when required. This will be a hands-on role.
- Oversee safe operation and maintenance of all tools and machinery.
- Operate and develop the workshop to meet agreed budgetary constraints and requirements.
- Help to prepare installation teams project ‘packages’ so they can load their vans quickly.
The Ideal Candidate
- Considerable experience as a metal worker/fabricator
- Experience as a workshop manager. We are looking for a candidate who can run workshops and oversee the operations within the workshop.
- Experience of managing people, motivating, and inspiring them to achieve their fullest potential.
- A forklift licence would be an advantage.
- A full driving licence is required for the role, a licence that allows (either by date of acquiring licence or through attendance) the towing of trailers from vans and pick-ups would be an advantage.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate, then APPLY today!
Keywords: workshop manager / workshop / manager / management / metalwork / metalworker / fabricator / operations manager / management / construction / fabrication / iron work / wrought metal
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com