Our client is one of the oldest (and largest!) retailer and wholesaler of quality fruits, vegetables and specialist foods based in the iconic Borough Market near London Bridge. They are looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join them in Borough Market, London.
They have earned an impressive reputation through several years of impeccable service, providing produce of the highest quality to the top restaurants, bars and cafes all over London and offering brilliantly artistic fruit and vegetable displays at our retail outlets, for which they have obtained high acclaim.
Our client is currently looking for an experienced, reliable and diligent Warehouse Supervisor to become part of our wholesale team based in Borough Market.
5 days a week (5 shifts between Monday to Saturday)— night shifts (starting between 8 and 9 pm)* — £23,000 to £26,000 p.a. depending on experience
We offer generous staff discounts on our produce, 28 days annual leave, a workplace pension plan, ample training opportunities and a friendly vibrant working environment.
***PLEASE NOTE : Due to the unique nature of our wholesale trade, we require the warehouse team to start in the night to process orders for early morning delivery
ONLY APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WORKING THESE HOURS***
Responsibilities will include –
• Filling out order sheets for orders received via email, fax and answerphone
• Collating orders to create a buying list for the purchaser
• Supervising and assisting in packing orders and loading them onto the delivery van, checking off the delivery note/packing list to ensure no missings.
• Ensuring orders are dispatched on time
• Quality control of stock coming in and out of the warehouse and stock rotation
• Overseeing temperature checks, machine checks, cleaning rotas etc.
• Overseeing stock takes and creating product lists for buyer for subsequent day
• Ensuring the warehouse is well organised, clean and tidy
• Crossover with supervisors and managers in other departments
• Other general warehouse duties
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Turnips troop. The right person for the job will have/be:
– Excellent knowledge of fresh produce
– Experience of working in a similar supervisory role in this sector (at least 2 years)
- Flexible, well organised and motivated.
– Capable of managing a small team and delivering results in a high paced environment
- Fluent in English, well spoken and confident as the role involves interaction with customers.
– Forklift license will be highly beneficial
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com