Warehouse and Distribution Shift Supervisor
Location: Queenslie, Glasgow
Hours: Full Time
Salary and Benefits: Competitive starting salary of £18,000 – £20,000 DOE and shift allowance payable for back shift/Backshift Allowance (approx. £1,560 pa)/Annual Bonus/20 Days Holiday per annum
A new Warehouse and Distribution Shift Supervisor position has arisen within our client’s company to further help the development. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional Person with the strength and integrity to succeed in a busy operational role, whilst not losing sight of the company’s primary aim – Delivering Great Customer Satisfaction.
- Proven experience as a Supervisor within Goods In/out Department or in a similar warehouse/Distribution environment is essential, with the ability to lead, motivate and develop a team greater than 15 employees through effective performance management.
- An attention to detail is essential, as is a willingness to be hands-on, working within in the Goods in Team, Stock Replenishing Team and Goods Out.
- You must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels of the business and within the management teams.
- You must be PC Literate with a good knowledge of MS Office Programs
- Work as part of a team
- Musthold valid Forklift licences (reach, counterbalance, Lolops)
- Full driving Licence (with a maximum of six points for insurance purposes)
Nature and Scope
- The Shift Supervisor is responsible for managing all functions on a daily basis to ensure that all schedules and targets are met while the facility operates in a safe and efficient manner. The candidate will also be responsible of inventory accuracy in the warehouse.
- Managing the activities of all staff within the Goods out function to meet all service, quality and cost objectives, including but not limited to managing the deployment of resources across all work areas and – prioritising work schedules.
- Ensuring the warehouse and distribution is running within company policies and procedures and any packing shipping regulatory requirements, ADR are adhered to all times and team are operating in a safe manner as – per site EH&S guidelines
- Providing Exemplary Customer service.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives within the Warehouse
- Assuring compliance to in-house andexternal specifications to standards, such as ISO regulations.
- Creating and maintaining SOP documentation
- Ensuring all staff operates within SOP guidelines
- Assisting in the training of new personnel
- Providing reports and feedback on department performance to management
- The position requires a degree of flexibility as you will need to work on a shift rotation pattern, day shift and back shift.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Shift Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, Warehousing Manager, Warehouse Manager, Manufacturing, Production, Logistics
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org