VHDL – FPGA Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Design Engineer looking to play a pivotal role in our client’s fast growing company? Are you an enthusiastic self-starting individual? If the answer is yes, then our client is looking for you to join their small but fast growing team. Technology Company pre-eminent in the field of fibre-optic sensing, specialising in Fibre Bragg Grating systems. The Company already has a strong international customer base spanning these markets and now wishes to further expand its activities in key fields.
Due to this expansion, our client is currently looking for a VHDL – FPGA Design Engineer who will support company growth by strengthening the current HW and SW team and contributing to developing the product range in the Aerospace and Oil & Gas markets.
- Developing designs in VHDL for the FPGA based instruments in our range of fibre optic FBG interrogators.
- Detailed design, simulation, implementation, testing, debugging and documentation of FPGA designs.
- 3 or more years developing in VHDL.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- Highly numerate, computer literate.
- Good interpersonal skills, effective team player.
- Structured Systems Analysis & Design Method knowledge.
- Analog electronic design, especially fast data acquisition devices.
- Fluent English speaker and already resident in the UK.
Desirable skills and experience, one or more of these would be advantageous:
- FPGA system-on-chip (e.g. Altera SOPC/Qsys, Opencores Wishbone, etc.).
- Data acquisition and digital signal processing.
- Inter-IC and inter-board serial bus, e.g. SPI, I2C, PCI express.
- Experience of embedded C on Linux operating systems.
- Embedded Software design for Aerospace certification.
- Open Embedded / Yocto embedded build system.
- Linux Drivers development.
- IP network stack.
- Industrial Field buses, e.g. CANbus, Modbus, Profibus.
- Working in an Agile development environment.
- Developing PC based applications in Visual C, Visual C++ or LabVIEW.
- Knowledge of optics or photonics.
- Flexible to occasionally travel to customer and partner locations, including USA.
The Ideal Candidate:The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience developing VHDL for high speed signal processing applications, be comfortable working both independently or as part of a small team and be looking to progress to a Senior Engineer level over the next few years.
Salary Band: – 30-40k, salary dependant on experience
So if you feel that you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for in their next Design Engineer, then what are you waiting for? If you want to be a part of this exciting opportunity, then send in a copy of your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com