Our client is an independent 8 vet, 11 nurse (TP), small animal general practice with Partnership prospects if wanted. The practice is a very well equipped, forward thinking practice, with the clinical freedom to provide the very best care and treatment plans tailored to each individual patient & client.
Due to continued success over the years, our client is currently looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic individual to come and join a friendly, happy working environment with excellent support as a Vet they will consider any UK trained new graduate veterinary surgeon or a veterinary surgeon who qualified abroad but has worked in the UK for at least 6 months.
Salary: – Good salary commensurate with experience plus share of OOH fees.
Benefits: – Five weeks holiday per year, plus Bank holidays (or day in lieu).
Hours: – The Company covers their own OOH, currently 1 in 6 rota, with one weekday off per week.
Your Day To Day Duties Will Include:
- Examine animals to diagnose their health problems
- Diagnose and treat animals for medical conditions
- Treat and dress wounds
- Perform surgery on animals
- Vaccinate against diseases
- Operate medical equipment, such as x-ray machines
- Advise animal owners about general care, medical conditions, and treatments
- Prescribe medication
The Ideal Candidate must possess these qualities:
- Compassion. Veterinarians must be compassionate when working with animals and their owners. They must treat animals with kindness and respect, and must be sensitive when dealing with the owners of sick pets.
- Decision-making skills. Veterinarians must decide the correct method for treating the injuries and illnesses of animals. Deciding to euthanize a sick animal, for instance, can be difficult.
- Interpersonal skills. Strong communication skills are essential for veterinarians, who must be able to discuss their recommendations and explain treatment options to animal owners and give instructions to their staff.
- Management skills. Management skills are important for veterinarians who are in charge of running private clinics or laboratories, or directing teams of technicians or inspectors. In these settings, they are responsible for providing direction, delegating work, and overseeing daily operations.
- Problem-solving skills. Veterinarians need strong problem-solving skills because they must figure out what is ailing animals. Those who test animals to determine the effects of drug therapies also need excellent diagnostic skills.
Any prospective applicants must know that our client covers their OWN OOH and are not an emergency clinic and have a nurse on site to care for in patients & help the vet.
The on call is not ‘awake’ all night & can be at home if local. Client also has accommodation onsite. The vet can sleep & take emergency phone calls, only seeing clients if an emergency.
The vets say that their night duties are quiet, they are rarely called out. The weekend days are busy.
CPD is encouraged & funded and specialisation welcomed.
We can be flexible for the right candidate.
If you feel you’re the right candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Vet, Veterinarian, Veterinary Surgeon, Animal Care, Medical Practice, Surgeon, Health and Medical.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com