Technician Role Profile
Salary: Competitive rate of pay dependent on experience
Benefits: Free Parking, Subsidised canteen, Pension Scheme, Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers
Hours: Fixed Days, Afternoons or Night Shift
Our Client is a £160 million business which supplies cake and desserts in own brand to the Major Multiples. There are two sites in the North West at Bolton and Oldham. The Bolton site manufactures more commodity based products making for example slab cakes, and unit cake for a variety of retailers including many major supermarkets and also features some brand products.
This is an exciting time of growth for our client and currently, the company is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join the team as Technician.This new, semi-skilled role will support production in addition to engineering by performing basic maintenance tasks and developing inspection skills to foresee problems before they occur.
- To ensure the successful running of the production line in order to meet targets
- Will have to be flexible in all areas of the operation in both process/filling and packing, and other areas when required
- Be fully conversant with start-up/set up and adjustments of plant and equipment. Carry out set up and adjustments including size changes and SMED
- Must have the ability to perform in line with the department, site and company objectives by using personal drive and motivation.
- Working cross functionally to maximise utilisation of site production assets, using Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Will be an integral part of the line team and will ensure quality/GMP standards are continuously completed to a high level, and that safety procedures are followed at all times
- Support and draft SOPs (standard operating procedures) including OPLs (one point lessons)
- Must display behaviours that ensures integration into the team and drives proactive communication at all levels of the business.
- To be able to and willing to learn new skills, seek opportunities for personal development, develop skills of communication to pass knowledge to others so that they can learn from you
- Proactive and work with other departments in the site achieving its targets in actively seeking ways to improve performance
- Complete and show pro-activeness with relevant paperwork to provide evidence supporting the preventive maintenance programme along with other site initiatives for example CI improvements
- Continuously drive to reduce site energy cost and waste projects
- To use fault finding skills to ensure smooth and efficient operation of production line
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated during shift hand over
- To have an awareness of Health and Safety and how actions affect others
- GCSE grade C or equivalent in Maths, English and Science.
- Drive and enthusiasm and commitment to learning
- Experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Strong awareness and application of safety, hygiene and quality standards
- Ability to write reports
- Willingness and ability to adapt to change and to continue to work effectively
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships and to communicate effectively
- IT skills
- Basic machine operational skills including set up and adjustment of plant and equipment
- In depth knowledge of operating production equipment (process/filling/packing)
- Full understanding of relevant ingredients and packaging processes
- Basic Health & Safety training
- Basic CIEH food hygiene
- HACCP awareness
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Technician, Hand skills and basic tools, Lubrication Technician, Drive Systems, Conveyors, Conveyor Technician, Bearings, Bearing Technician, Electrics, Electronic Technician, Pneumatics Technician, Pumps Technician, Manufacturing, Production
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org