Technical Support Engineer
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to take the next step in your career as a Technical Support Engineer? If the answer is yes, then our client is looking for you! Our client was established in 1995 and has become one of the leading web site host providers in the UK hosting thousands of websites for businesses who rely upon them to provide their 7×24 presence on the Internet.
Your role as Technical Support Engineer demands that you are firstly genuinely committed to customer satisfaction, and secondly have good Internet knowledge and computer technical skills. You must also be able to deal with our customers who have a range of abilities, from novice to expert, and patiently and effectively resolve problems to their satisfaction.
Your role will include resolving cases via e-mail and telephone, your tasks will include:
- Solving web site publishing problems (Frontpage, FTP, publisher etc..)
- E-mail client set-up and SMTP / POP3 / IMAP.
- Domain name transfers, Management and DNS modification and troubleshooting
- Unix command line, and CGI script problem investigation
- MySQL/PHP/PERL and SQL Server /ASP problem investigation
- Setting up accounts and additional services using a web based tool
- Technical problem solving by interacting with the customer via telephone and email.
- Knowledge of Parallels products – Plesk control panel, PBAS an advantage
- Supporting customers integrating to our custom payment platform
- Helping customer resolve problems with their Broadband Connections and equipment
You will be reporting to the Technical Support Manager.
This is a challenging role, which will require you to be familiar with or learn a range of skills sets involving both Linux and Windows platforms. You will be expected to display a good working knowledge of the Internet, and have good communication skills on the telephone.
- 21 days Paid Holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays
- Working Week Mon-Fri 9am to 5-30pm (37.5 hours per week) One to Two half day Saturdays per month (9am to 12) paid overtime
Location: – Stockport, Cheshire
So if you feel that you’re the ideal candidate to join our client as their next Technical Support Engineer then what are you waiting for? Send in your CV with covering letter today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org