Our client specialises in the design and manufacture of bespoke and standard tool holding systems suppliedto machine tool companies, oem cutting tool manufacturers, national and local distributors and end users both in the UK and worldwide.
Due to planned retirement a full time role has arisen within the company for an experienced Technical Sales Engineer based at their location in Coventry.
This a key function within the company involving day to day contact with the company’s customer base to provide technical support, product availability and product pricing. Maintaining ongoing relationships with existing customers and new business development is an essential part of the role. Although the job will be mainly office based visits to key customers will be required.
- Requests for technical and sales support are received on a daily basis via e-mail, telephone, internal sources or the website. The job requires that these requests are prioritised and either actioned directly or sufficient information passed on to the relevant department in a timely manner.
- When actioned directly, customers will need to be supplied with pricing information, technical information and delivery information. After the quotation stage customer follow up, support and problem solving will be required.
- Generate quotations for both standard and special products. This will involve interpreting engineering drawings, using information stored on our manufacturing system or gathering information internally or from external suppliers.
- Handle the normal day to day issues in a busy sales office including liaison with design, manufacturing and other internal departments.
- The candidate will need to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience of using the commercial functions of an ERP system (sales order entry, costing and stock, shipping) will be required. The company currently uses the Javelin ERP system.
- Also experience using ‘Salesforce’ CRM system will be an advantage.
- The position is full time – 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. As with all sales functions commitment to customer service will require a level of flexibility.
- Annual holidays are 25 days plus statutory.
- The company offers a pension scheme in line with current regulations.
So if you feel like you’re the ideal candidate for the job, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org