Our client is the UK’s leading forge master in the oil & gas industry and have recently acquired accreditations for the Nuclear and Aerospace industries. With over 30 years’ experience in forging, our client specialise in creating bespoke products using open die and ring rolling methods.
They currently have an opportunity for a Technical Engineer to join their Technical department. The role will involve being instrumental in the continued development and management of metallurgical and quality issues relating to product and plant. You will be required to work closely with personnel at all levels, both internal and external, to produce efficient and auditable working practices and procedures, and to identify areas of potential improvement through statistical analysis. The ideal candidate will be able to efficiently present/demonstrate effective solutions to ensure the business has the right skills, processes, information and procedures to consistently exceed customer’s requirements.
Main duties will include:
- Quality/Technical review of all orders, projects and specifications.
- Maintenance of AFP specification system.
- Assisting AFP Technical and Quality Managers to maintain the chosen Quality Management system.
- Assisting AFP Technical Manager to ensure the company gains and retains business critical quality accreditations.
- Generation of project specific documents such as Quality Plans, Manufacturing Procedure Specifications and test location drawings when required.
- Provide necessary quality/technical training to all AFP personnel as required.
- Monitoring process sensitive operations (e.g. forging and heat treatment) where necessary.
- Representing AFP in pre-production meetings, and/or with customers and suppliers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:-
- A qualification in Metallurgy, Materials Engineering or similar related field.
- Highly numerate with good statistical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of using MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- AS9100 and ISO 9001 implementation and maintenance experience, would be advantageous
- Good understanding and knowledge of the statutory regulations and standards required within a Quality environment is essential.
- A keen interest or proven Quality/Technical based experience within a manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Knowledge of computer aided design packages, specifically TurboCad, preferred but not essential.
- Ability to communicate at all levels effectively, both verbally and written.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Keen eye for detail and quality and good decision making skills
- Planning and project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, but also be self-motivated and lead if required.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com