Our client is looking for a Night Shift Manager to join us at our thriving Borough Market base, London. If you have ever considered a job in fresh produce, then please do read on…
We could easily leap straight into describing the role and what is required in terms of skills, and telling you how amazing the opportunity is…however, we are not going to do that. This is because we’re keen to hear from a particular sort of person and we want to tell you why.
They’ve got people in their team who had never been involved in fresh produce before working with them. These individuals tend to share similar personality traits – typically, they are hardworking, have heaps of initiative and plenty of determination to achieve the best. You might be thinking to yourself ‘well that’s easy, isn’t it?’ However, that is not all . . .
You’ll be tenacious and you’ll always try to go the extra mile for customers. Our clients business thrives on retention and inevitably you’ll be driven to succeed and will have a certain energy about you.
NOW TO TALK A BIT ABOUT THE MANAGER ROLE WITHIN THE TEAM
Some of the best managers in this field are those that come up through the sector, are able to constructively use their authority and have proven industry experience to match.
In your Management role, you will be;
- Able to effectively control & motivate a team
- Ensuring drivers are out on time, every time
- Taking orders off our systems & buying direct from the English markets
- Checking all orders to ensure accuracy
- Scrutinizing presentation to keep orders aligned to our vision
- Monitoring warehouse cleanliness & controlling stock
As a Manager you will have;
- Experience in an operations/supply chain role within the food/produce industry
- An eagerness to make a real & positive impact
NOW YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE, PLEASE ONLY MOVE ONTO THE NEXT PART OF THIS POSTING IF YOU’RE RARING TO GET INVOLVED!
If you love the sector that our client is in but want to approach it in a different way using your own unique methods, skill set and the desire to make a success of it with them, this is definitely an option you should investigate.
Our client, based at the Borough Market is a lively, diverse and vibrant place with people working in the team from differing walks of business. They are fine food specialists, driven by quality and excellence in service, catering to several of the best and most highly rated restaurants and chefs in London holding multiple Michelin stars.
They operate with a very flat structure, with direct access to the management team to give ongoing advice and assist throughout your journey with us. They are here for the long term and we would hope that you are as well when you see the opportunity that lies ahead.
MANAGER JOB DETAILS:
- We are seeking an individual to manage our night operations who has the intelligence, initiative and determination to run the night team with autonomy
- You will be a night owl and able to work from 8 pm to 6 am in a demanding environment. You will work 5 days a week between Monday to Saturday.
- A competitive remuneration will be offered, starting at £30,000 pa, plus a workplace pensions plan, ample training and career development opportunities as well as a generous staff discount on our produce.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com