Our client, a leader in the field of greeting cards is currently looking for a talented Team Leader to join their warehouse team. This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking and modern organisation.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary and benefits: Starting salary 18 – 18.5k / Standard 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Report to: Fulfilment Supervisor
Work in conjunction with: Responsible for all members of the pick and pack team including any temporary workers. To liaise with Goods Inwards Team Leader and all areas of the warehouse
Main purpose of the Job: To lead by example and motivate the team in your designated area of the warehouse in all aspects of their performance to ensure targets are achieved.
- To know and understand the layout of the warehouse and the activities that take place in each area
- Deal with all tasks quickly and efficiently ensuring high levels of productivity and accuracy at all times
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance at all times, identifying any issue directly or escalating to the management team where required
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the warehouse at all times
- To lead the team in your designated area and take responsibility for ensuring;
- Accurate timekeeping
- High standards of accuracy and efficiency
- On-going coaching and development of your team to continuously improve performance and up skill
- Continuous improvement measures are implemented
- Accurate daily reporting to line management
- Identify problems which may occur and take appropriate action to resolve the situation, updating managers or other departments as necessary
- Be aware of the performance of all areas of the warehouse and support other Warehouse team leaders to ensure success is delivered in all areas
- In the absence of your Supervisor take on additional responsibilities as reasonably requested
- Maintain your knowledge and ensure all team members are trained as required, requesting training where necessary.
- Ensure that all members of staff are being productive.
- Devise ways to optimize pick and pack procedures
- Assist in planning the department workflows and subsequent head counts
- To drive efficiencies in delivering and exceeding our customers’ expectations
- To drive and monitor department ‘on time in full’ statistics
- Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and harmonious relationships.
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to the challenges and obstacles faced.
- Ensure 100% accuracy in completing all paperwork and documentation in a timely manner
- Attend daily morning brief with other department Team leaders, Fulfilment supervisor and Operations Manager. To hold weekly briefs with the team to keep all members aware of deadlines, processes, etc and to highlight team achievements over the previous week. This must remain a duel dialogue with the team encouraged to share thoughts and suggestions.
- Effectively communicate relevant information in a transparent and honest way to line management
· To work as a team with other individuals and colleagues in the Company, sharing knowledge when appropriate, helping colleagues and promoting a spirit of mutual respect and support
- Understand and abide by Company and departmental rules, policies and procedures
- To carry out other duties as so requested by management from time to time
If you feel that you’re the ideal candidate, then send in your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or call in at 01772 886 799
Keywords: warehouse jobs, team leader jobs, warehouse team leader, supervisor jobs, assistant manager,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com