Our client is a registered charity with a strong reputation throughout the region and delivers a number of housing related advice, support and assistance services to homeless and vulnerably housed people in the Borough of Charnwood, Leicestershire and Rutland, and has gained national recognition for developing the best practice in a number of areas.
As a Support Worker, you’ll find yourself taking on a number of tasks that will open up to you as you progress through the job. This is just some of them:
- Engage with clients in a friendly, courteous, prompt and appropriate manner, using excellent communication skills and ensuring delivery of high quality customer service at all times.
- To support individuals of all ages and client groups in both a reactive and proactive way, conducting support visits, providing high quality Information, Advice and Guidance, completing comprehensive case notes, external signposting and referrals and evidencing outcomes.
- To assess risk in relation to clients and activities, taking a positive approach to risk management to maximise people’s choice and control over their services.
- To be aware of the needs of a diverse range of client groups including those unable to access services directly and to refer these clients onto other services effectively.
- Actively promote RAP Services and engage local people in the most appropriate way.
- To identify unmet need in communities and respond appropriately.
- Encourage individuals to make their own decisions, promote rights, choice, dignity and independence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of the principles of supporting people to be resilient and live independently.
- Good working knowledge of benefits & income maximization.
- Knowledge of the needs of homeless people and the social, health & economic issues affecting them.
- Knowledge of services available for specialist support.
- Knowledge to provide low level substance misuse, physical health, healthy weight, sexual health and smoking cessation advice.
- The ability to work positively with partner agencies ensure clients are able to access the range of support they require.
- The ability to assess lower level mental health needs using a recognised Mental Wellbeing Scale.
Essential: – Full UK driving license/car owner and ability to attend appointments & meetings throughout Leicestershire
So if you feel that you’re the one to join our client in this exciting opportunity and want to be a part of the Housing Support Team, then send in your CV with covering letter listing your experience by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com