Are you an empathetic individual with prior experience working in the care industry? Are you looking to make a difference in other people’s lives? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, then our client is looking for you to join their team as a Family Housing Support Worker.
Our client is a registered charity with a strong reputation throughout the region and delivers a number of housing related advice, support and assistance services to homeless and vulnerably housed people in the Borough of Charnwood, Leicestershire and Rutland, and has gained national recognition for developing the best practice in a number of areas.
Currently our client’s housing support service as a vacancy for a Family Housing Support Worker to come and join the team.
As a Family Housing Support Worker, you’ll find yourself taking on a number of tasks that will open up to you as you progress through the job. This is just some of them:
- To work with clients to maximise their income through benefit uptake, helping them to organise manageable repayments of their debts, returning to employment and charity applications for items needed.
- To support clients in making plans for their future e.g. accessing training or education, work experience or volunteering opportunities.
- To provide information and advice on accessing childcare for clients with children, if training or employment are accessed.
- To support clients to overcome barriers causing social isolation, encouraging access to community groups and recreational facilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good understanding of the principles of housing support work
- Experience of working with vulnerable families.
- Knowledge of the needs of homeless people and the social, health & economic issues affecting them
- The ability to assess needs, create action plans and motivate people to achieve their goals
- The ability to work on your own initiative, contribute to team issues and effectively use supervision
Essential: – Full UK driving license/car owner and ability to attend appointments & meetings throughout Leicestershire
So if you feel that you’re the one to join our client in this exciting opportunity and want to be a part of the Housing Support Team, then send in your CV with covering letter listing your experience by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org