ZIMA Russian Bistro and Bar is located in the heart of Soho, London, and serves modern style traditional Russian food and drinks. The restaurant caters to a variety of clients serving quality Russian food to ethnic Russians visiting the establishment for a “taste of home”, ethno-food lovers looking for a culinary adventure, and Soho’s numerous visitors coming in for a new experience and a good time. The Company is always seeking to improve the quality of its guests’ experience and is currently looking for exceptional candidates for Sous-Chef position who will work alongside French Brand Chef and Russian Chef in introducing contemporary vision to the traditional Russian cuisine.
A Sous-Chef at ZIMA will be responsible for:
- Preparing and controlling the preparation of a la carte dishes
- Organization of continuously high-standard operation of the personnel
- Accountingandcontrolofthe kitchen’s material assets, equipment, inventories and write-offs
- Controlling the maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Daily supervision of daily inventories and quality of supplies
- Adherence to the sanitary, hygiene and food safety norms and regulations as per UK HACCP
- Efficientdocumentflow – write-offrecords, journalsofproduce movements, of quality control , of sanitary controls, as well as schedules of personnel working hours, of kitchen cleaning, etc.
- Building a cohesive team of kitchen staff with high degree of interchangeability and clearly defined functional tasks
- Forming order for supplies in accordance with the on-going business needs
- Following the rules of accepting and storing the products from the suppliers
- Planning and placing of orders with suppliers for products, as well as monitoring of prices and quality
- Assisting Head Chef in the development of new menus with relevant costing in timely manner
A successful candidate for Sous-Chef position at ZIMA should have:
- A European culinary diploma or certificate
- A fine dining or bistro/brasserie restaurants experience of at least 3 years
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Good level of English (spoken and written), knowledge of Russian is a plus
- Knowledge of hygiene and food safety regulations as per UK HACCP
- Advance knowledge of Classical and modern cuisine technologies
- Good knowledge of ingredients, suppliers and prices
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent recommendations from previous places of work
Important: selected candidates will prepare a food tasting for Brand Chef as part of evaluation process.
If you feel that you’re the successful candidate for our client, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com