Job Title: Software Developer
Hours: core hours 9 – 5 (flexible working is available)
Salary: dependent upon skills and experience £25 – £45k
Salary is based upon developers from 3 years’ experience, to senior level. If you have knowledge and skills above that level, we would still like to talk to you.
Our client is currently looking for a number of Software Developers to design and develop strategic software solutions for Health and Social Care.
The existing Development team have a huge amount of experience in this field and earlier recruits are finding that the knowledge and skills they are gaining, is invaluable.
Experience in this field is useful, however, our key requirements are:
- A knowledge of our software tools and development techniques,
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to work within a team or without supervision
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Our customer deals with patient data, so a requirement for all successful applicants will be a CRB check and 2 references.
- Responsibilities Will Include:
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Review and debug code.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Collaborate with internal teams and partners to fix and improve products.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills.
- Relevant educational qualifications.
Qualification and Technical Skills Requirement:
- Expert knowledge of ourprimary programming language Java/J2EE platform.
- Expert knowledge of Web APIs, web services and web oriented architectures (e.g. REST, JSON, XML, SOAP, JSON, WSDL)
- Good programming experience using file based technologies (CSV, FTP, XML)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
Our customer has vacancies for front and backend developers, if the above skill set is not your strengths, please check our other vacancies.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com