Our client currently has a vacancy for a Site Foreman. You will work together and supervise a gang of approximately 4 men, reporting back to the Site/Project Manager. You will ensure that construction workers are doing their job efficiently and that the construction is being carried out as per plan. You will also be responsible for keeping check on the materials and plant to ensure the safety of the construction site.
When site work is not available, you would be required to work within our Fabrication Workshop working alongside other Foremen.
Site Foreman job duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that workers are carrying on work as per schedule
- Checking on the work schedule with construction supervisor
- Allotting responsibilities to workers based on their skills and giving clear orders
- Ensuring that safety precautions are implemented during construction
- Dealing with any sort of problems with workers
- Hiring and firing workers
- Ensuring quality of work in addition to ensuring schedule
- Ensuring that rules of the employer are followed
- Training new workers in different construction works and safety measures
- Ensuring the safety of tools and equipments used in construction and making sure that they are safely put away after work
- Motivating workers to work with higher efficiency and ensuring that the work is completed on time
- Completing all necessary paperwork and returning to head office
- Excellent leadership, management, planning and motivation skills
- Good analysis and observation skills
- Ability to communicate with workers and managing them with efficiency
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work under high stress situations
- Tremendous presence of mind in case of accidents
- A sound knowledge about construction procedures and safety measures
- Ability to evaluate and understand the capabilities of workers and assign suitable works
- Excellent time management skills
Education and qualification requirements:
- To have a minimum of 4 years’ experience of managing a site gang
- The following certificates would be beneficial but not all are essential as further training would be offered –
- DRIVING LICENSE, CSCS, CPCS, SSSTS, IPAF, PASMA, ASBESTOS & FIRST AID.
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience.
Hours: 39 HRS BASIC MON – THURS 8.00AM TO 4.30 PM FRIDAY 8.00 AM TO 3.30 PM
So if you feel that you’re the one for the job and would like to apply, then simply send in your CV today, by clicking the APPLY button below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org