Senior Technician – Serology
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension scheme, Overtime and time off in lieu available, employee car park
Hours: Full time
Our client provides high quality microbiological and serological analytical testing services across all aspects of and primary production.
The company is part of the UK’s largest independent provider of analytical laboratory testing services for land-based-industries. It is dedicated to the delivery of sound science to help customers manage their businesses effectively and profitably.
Due to continued success, our client is currently looking for a Senior Technician to join the Serology team on site at Craven Arms, Shropshire.
- Assisting laboratory Leaders in overseeing junior staff to ensure the quality of their work is meeting the requirements laid out in the quality manual and ISO17025
- Carry out specified tasks such as performing the following tests:
- Haemagglutination Inhibition testing,
- Elisa testing
- PCR testing
- Rapid slide agglutination testing
- Precipitation gel plate testing.
- Assist with the temperature mapping to ensure it is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Defra information required is recorded and is passed to the laboratory manager in a timely manner.
- Approval of results.
- Involved with the training of junior staff.
- Undertake and approve audits that are part of the quality system audit Schedule
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Suitably trained in undertaking and approving audits
- Experience in Haemagglutination Inhibition, Elisa, PCR, Rapid slide agglutination, or Precipitation gel plate testing.
- Reliable, punctual and well organised
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Serology, Scientific Vacancies, Senior, Senior Technician, Lab Technician, Haemagglutination Inhibition, Elisa, PCR, Rapid slide agglutination, Precipitation gel plate
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com