Job Title: Senior support worker
Summary of Job Function
Assist the supported living manager in ensuring the provision of quality services in accordance with organisation’s standards and CQC requirements.
Salary: £21000.00 per annum
Sleep in: £30
Hours: Staff will work 37.5 hours per week as required by the service. These hours will be allocated by the supported living manager dependant on needs of the service users. Your hours of duty could be changed with 48 hours notice being given. You will be required to work unsociable hoarser including weekends, sleep in and/or night wake duties.
Annual leave: 25 days
Your Duties Will Include:
- Personal Care:
- To assist in all aspects of personal care when necessary, ensuring dignity and respect is maintained at all times.
- To support service users with health requirements and supporting individuals to manage their medicines.
o You will provide leadership to the staff team, setting a good example of the company’s philosophy in theory and practice.
· Planning and Service Delivery:
You will oversee the planning and implementation of person-centred support and service plans and also take part in monitoring and reviewing their effectiveness.
· Creating a Home:
- You will encourage and support service users to be actively involved in keeping their homes clean, secure, safe, tidy, and homely, as well as other related domestic matters such as laundry.
- Record Keeping:
- Ensure appropriate records are kept as required by the home and company e.g. shift work plans, daily record book and medical records.
- Health and Safety:
- To ensure all health and safety checks happen as agreed in the procedures and that risk taking agreements and assessments are carried out and are operational.
- You will take part in drawing up a rota which meets the needs of service users and budgetary requirements.
- If sickness or other events disrupt this rota it will be your responsibility to ensure that adequate cover is provided.
- You will support service users in financial matters as required, with a view to promoting independence and appropriate management of personal finances.
- You will contribute to the supervision process as agreed with the Supported Living Manager.
Service Users Holidays:
- You will accompany service users on one week holiday per year for which an allowance will be paid.
- The abuse of people with a learning disability, whether financial, physical, or sexual, in nature or by neglect, is taken extremely seriously by our client, and works with statutory agencies including Social Services and the Police to formulate policy in this area. All staff must follow these policies at all times.
Support and Personal Development:
- This role is an excellent opportunity for professional and personal development. You will be provided with support through supervision and additional training arranged in consultation with you by your line manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will at all times act with regard to the reputation and interests of the company.
Training: The company provides training for staff to carry out their duties. It is a requirement of the post that the post holder makes themselves available for training as deemed necessary by the company.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Senior Support Worker, Support Worker, Care Worker, Home Carer, Home Care, Health Care Worker, Health Support Worker,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org