SENIOR STORY ARTIST, CG ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
SALARY RANGE: £1500 – £2500 per week (depending on experience)
Closing date: August 31st 2018
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Story Artist, with experience of CG feature animation, to be involved in the company’s first film. Based in London, and partnering with Double Negative’s new Feature Animation division, our client will be creating a high quality CG movie in partnership with 20th Century Fox.
A Story Artist plays a vital role in the 3D computer animated feature film industry. They will take the script of a movie and interpret it in a series of drawings to enable the film-makers to visualize the end product. Story Artists play a crucial part in the planning of the staging, pacing, performance and emotional beats of an animated movie.
Our clinet is currently looking for an enthusiastic Senior Story Artist to join the team and would like you to share your years of experience with them to create shots and sequences, tell the story through camera and character staging and apply cinematic filmmaking principles.This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best story and visual development artists in the field.
MAIN DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create storyboards for assigned sequences by interpreting script pages or descriptions.
- You will need to create anything from quick sketches, to finished detailed storyboard panels.
- Define staging, pacingand camera while working with the director and head of story.
- You will need to pitch your work to director, executives,head of story and crew.
- Come up with innovative ideas usingaction,performance and humour.
- You will need to revise, edit and modify sketches as many times as needed.
- 5years + storyboarding experience in feature animation.
- A solid understanding of character animation principles.
- The ideal candidate will be able to understand and put into practice the principles of filmmaking and animation which includes a cinematic camera, acting and staging.
- Strong storytelling abilities which focus on character, emotion, and movement.
- Robust draftsmanship.
- The ability to create storyboards in a variety of styles.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com