Our client is the number one live events production destination in Europe, featuring three rehearsal studios, 15 events businesses and the UK’s only Live Events Production University Centre with rehearsal studios on-site bringing a variety of world class tours and productions to the park as well as providing space for test builds. Our client is also offers workshops, offices and machine shops belonging to a group of long established engineering, technology and creative specialist businesses, including Litestructures, LS-Live, CATO Music, Perry Scenic Creative and Brilliant Stages.
Due to continued success, our client is currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the team as a Senior Designer.
Position: – Full-Time
Salary: – Dependent on experience.
Location: – South Kirkby, Wakefield
Hours: – 40-hour week (full-time) 8:30am to 17:30pm.
Benefits: – 22 days’ holiday+ Bank Holidays + Pension + Life Assurance + Profit Share + Reward Scheme + Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Create the detailed fabrication and assembly drawings, bills of materials and cut sheets for final review.
- Create the basic element geometry model for review with design managers, then update as requested.
- Prepare early conceptual concept renderings to aid in client sales and project/asset development efforts.
- Meet with Studio Managers for handing off and brainstorming the preliminary concepts into detailed design phase.
- Work with Studio Manager to confirm or revise the design hours estimated for each individual project element.
- Gather and compile all project information required to responsibly design the element, highlighting the missing items.
- Research stock or purchased component and material availability, vendors, and pricing.
- Collaborate with co-designers to ensure proper interface with other show elements, and no voids or overlaps in scope.
- Oversee the development and testing of functional scale or full-size prototypes.
- Update drawings as requested by management, production, third party engineering, or client feedback.
- Distribute documentation to fabrication, machining, purchasing, project management, third party engineers, and health-safety.
- Support fabrication, testing, and installation issues and troubleshooting, including possible on-site support.
- Generate final as-built documentation for finished project element or asset.
- Actively follow all company employment, fire, health, and safety policies.
- Potential overtime when required.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Maintain sound housekeeping standards and always represent the company in a positive manner.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as may be required.
- Adhere to filing and drawing management guidelines.
Skills and Educational Background Experience:
- Basic knowledge of structural and mechanical manufacturing components and fabrication techniques.
- Sound organisational skills for success in a fast paced, creative work environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for a collaborative workplace.
- Solid Computer proficiency in AutoCAD 3d and Microsoft Office, Solidworks or Inventor a plus.
The ideal candidate will have one of the following degrees:
- Mechanical or Structural Engineering Degree.
- Entertainment Technology Degree/Stage Theatre.
- Architecture Degree.
- Product Design Degree.
- Extensive industry experience equivalent to a degree e.g. Stage Theatre, Special Effects, TV & Film.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Designer, Senior Designer, AutoCAD 3D, Microsoft Office, Solidworks, Inventor, Product Design, Special Effects, Stage Theatre, Architecture, Mechanical Engineer, Structural Engineer,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com