Salary: £17160-£19760 + overtime
Benefits: Pension scheme, 28 days holiday
Hours: 40 per week, 8.15am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday, 7.45am to 4.00pm Friday Overtime available
Location: Long Eaton, Nottingham
Our client has been manufacturing superior screen printing since 1948. Working in the commercial industry, they offer a wide range of graphic services including plant and vehicle markings, point of sale displays and advertising banners, screen printing and promotional prints for exhibitions. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced screen print stencil technician to produce photo stencils using both emulsion and indirect film application for flatbed sliding table semi/three quarter automatic machines e.g. Thieme, Svecia, Atma, Kippax.
- Fulfil the multi-step process of screen making which includes screen selection, degreasing, film emulsion coating, and exposure and wash out as well as cleaning and reclaiming after printing using our automated equipment.
- Verify and follow all information on the job ticket.
- Quality checking the screens and signing off ready for print.
- Organising the workflow with the production manager to ensure the correct screens are produced daily.
- Organising the screen preparation department, including stock control and reordering, maintenance of all equipment, housekeeping of the department.
- Supervision of one other operative in this department.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
- Work overtime and weekends as required by the business
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 x GCSE passes at minimum grade C or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in screen printing operations and prep work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The employee is regularly required to stand, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended period of time on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 20kg on a regular basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to check films and stencils for faults prior to print.
- The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur
- Applicant must be detail oriented, self-motivated and ready to make a significant contribution to a growing company. We are looking for an applicant that will take pride in their work every day.
Our client is an equal employment opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Print Technician, Artwork Technician, Print work, Creative Roles, Creative Vacancies, Media New Media and Creative, Printer Jobs, Printing, Finishing, Guillotine, Stitching Line, Printer, Finisher, Thieme, Svecia, Atma, Kippax
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com