Our client, established in 1976, is a major supplier of valves and actuated products to many industries, including Brewing & Beer Metering, Food Production, Water and Medical, situated in Bedford. They have earned a reputation amongst their customers for quality, service and reliability, satisfying many diverse enquiries with a positive attitude and approach.
Due to continued success, an opportunity has arisen for a permanent, full time role as a Sales Engineer with a fantastic basic salary of £30,000 to £35,000, alongside a quarterly bonus.
This fantastic opportunity involves working to serve customers and prospective customers by identifying their needs and specifying the right solution for their specific matter. As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle, as well as generating business by building and maintaining relationships with customers.
The duties of a Sales Engineer:
- Respond to inbound enquiries via telephone, web and email
- Make outbound contact with customers via telephone within specified time frames
- Identify customers’ needs and work to meet them, incorporating sales of company products
- Gain customers’ trust by demonstrating a professional, informed and friendly approach
- Take ownership of enquiries/quotation from initiation to after sales contact
- Identify which products best meet the needs of the customer
- Ensure all customer information is consistently updated and correct in SAP
- Enter quotes into SAP and send to customer
- Make follow up calls to customers and prospects, actively closing the order
- Liaise directly with customers, offering after sales assistance
- Assist customers with order progress calls as and when required
- Make prospecting calls to customers and prospects on the company database
- Liaise with suppliers to get the best prices for special orders
- Visit new and prospective customers to acquire business and promote the company range
- Be mindful of the company expectations regarding gross margin
- Any other duties needed to ensure the smooth running of sales and the business overall
The experience and skills required for a Sales Engineer:
- At least 5 years working experience selling Valves, Pumps and Fittings into the Food and Beverage sector
- A working knowledge of how Hygienic Valves work e.g. ‘double seat valve’
- Ability to win new business by prospecting and face to face sales
- Knowledge of Food, Beverage and Brewing process
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective and efficient team player
- Proven track record of exceptional customer service
- Current driving license
If you have the relevant experience, skills and attributes to thrive as a Sales Engineer, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org