Job Title: Room Attendant
The Housekeeping department is responsible for the ultimate care and upkeep of all apartments, public areas and team facilities in order to offer a clean and comfortable environment for guests and team members to enjoy.
The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning the allocated apartments, public areas and team areas to Supercity standards, reporting any maintenance faults and assisting in any way that maybe necessary to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the housekeeping department.
- The job holder communicates with colleagues and guests on a day to day basis. Communication is basic involving receiving and passing on information in a polite manner.
- The job holder must respect the privacy of guests and ensure confidentiality at all times.
- To clean both occupied and departed apartments and public areas to Supercity’s standards within the allocated timeframe. And to report very dirty rooms to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- To change bed linen and towels on the specified days ensuring that they are always in good condition, fresh, colour consistent and free from stains and tears, whilst also ensuring the lined is the right size for the bed.
- To report any rejected or stained linen to the supervisor, separating them from stock in circulation so that these can be returned.
- To report any maintenance required in each apartment to the supervisor to ensure that faults can be rectified quickly and efficiently with minimal disruption to guests.
- To dispose of rubbish in the correct manner ensuring recyclable items are separated for recycling.
- To ensure that all lost property is handed in to the Reception.
- To ensure that instructions for cleaning materials are always adhered to and COSHH regulations are followed.
- To report any safety hazards or defects that cannot be rectified to the supervisor e.g. faulty electrical equipment.
- To report any dilapidations and / or discrepancies within an apartment to the Housekeeping Supervisor immediately.
- To undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the jobholder that are appropriate to (the grade of) the job.
- To comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Team Handbook.
Experience of a similar role within 4* or 5* hotel or apartments
Good spoken English
Basic written English
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below to be part of this exciting opportunity!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org