Research Fellow in Integrated Intelligent Diagnostic System (EPSRC – EVES) (Fixed Term)
Salary: From £32,548 per annum
This post is full time and fixed term for 12 months
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 August 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 13 September 2018
This is a fixed-term appointment for 12 months, funded by EPSRC.
Dependent upon the outcomes, the potential of an extension supported by Siemens Industrial Turbo machinery Ltd. exists after a successful completion of the post.
Applicants are invited for a Research Fellow position at our client’s prestigious School of Engineering, to work on a project “Evolutionary Virtual Expert System” from July 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter), funded by EPSRC (EP/R029741/1). This project aims to design, implement and evaluate a prototype of an Integrated Intelligent Diagnostic System, which comprise novel signal-processing and modelling techniques, as well as elements derived from industrial expert knowledge..
The post-holder’s primary tasks will be:
- To gather and contribute to the research of novel signal processing-based fault diagnostic techniques.
- To collaborate and assist the testing of the novel model-based fault diagnostic techniques.
- To investigate and integrate the expert knowledge in the system.
- To prototype and evaluate the developed diagnostic system using real industrial cases. Additional tasks include research project management and reporting to the line manager and industrial partners.
The applicant should possess:
- A PhD (or be close to obtaining) in Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Physics or a related area.
- Experience in Fault Diagnostics or a related subject, using signal processing and machine learning techniques.
- Knowledge in principles of gas turbines would be an advantage, but not essential, since gas turbine training will be given during the appointment.
- The selected candidate should be able to present good programming skills in at least some of the following programming languages, e.g. Matlab, C#, R, Python, etc.
- Candidate should also have good communication skills, and be willing to undertake some of the research work in an industrial environment.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com