Job Title: Rehabilitation Assistant
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Purpose of the Position:
- Reporting to the Nurse Manager, Senior Staff Nurse, Staff Nurse and Senior Rehabilitation Assistants, you will assist in the delivery of the highest quality care to patients and service users requiring specialised rehabilitation in order to maximise their personal progression.
- To enable patients and service users to perform activities of everyday living which, due to a neurological impairment, they are unable to perform without assistance.
- To assist in the implementation of individualised therapy programs this might incorporate educational, vocational, social and leisure activities.
- To support clinical team in providing a consistently high quality service across the whole site.
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of patient’s and service user’s weekly activity programmes.
- Work proactively with the nursing and therapy teams to implement individualized rehabilitation programmes, following plans of care to meet patient and service user centered outcomes.
- Undertake observations such as temperature, pulse, blood pressure recordings and monitoring and recording of client’s weight.
- Follow the highest standards of care, including personal care to include; assisting in eye care, nail care, removal of dentures, undertaking bathing / washing and assisting in management of continence.
- Enable and support patients and service users to care for their own rooms and personal effects.
- Assist with communication, ensuring that patients and service users can be understood and understand others.
- Assisting with mobility including; hoisting, positioning and assisting with mobility aids.
- Support patients and service users to access the community safely including with activities and appointments.
- Support patients and service user to achieve a purposeful life, contributing to occupational, educational, social and leisure activities and assisting in developing programmes to meet those needs.
- Gain an understanding of personal, emotional and social needs of patients and service users Participate in the keyworker programme, acting as an advocate and liaising with others regarding individual programme plans to ensure consistent deliver of care and rehabilitation.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Assistant, Hospital, Patient Care, Health Care, Nurse
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org