Registered Veterinary Nurse
Our client is a modern, purpose built small animal practice based just outside Newton Abbot in sunny South Devon and located just 2 minutes from the A38 making it easy and quick to access from a wide radius and in a superb location to live, close to the seaside and to Dartmoor.
Due to continued growth, our client is currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to come and join the team as a Registered Vet Nurse to help the team continue their excellent customer care and high clinical standards.
Location: Newton Abbot.
Hours: The preferred candidate would work a 40 hour week which would include a 1 in 4 rota for weekend cover, although applications with a request for part time hours will be accepted.
Salary: Subject to Experience.
As a Registered Veterinary Nurseyou will provide skilled supportive care for inpatients, monitoring during anaesthesia, medical treatments and diagnostic tests under veterinary supervision. You will also play an important role in the education of owners on good standards of animal care and welfare during nurse consultations.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Administering medication, giving injections and drugs to animals.
- Preparing animals for operations.
- Sterilising surgical instruments.
- Maintaining anaesthetic levels and assisting vets during operations.
- Wound management, changing the animal’s dressings.
- Taking x-rays and assisting vets perform other diagnostic imaging techniques such as using ultrasound imaging.
- Providing advice and guidance to the owners of the animals.
- Ordering and keeping stock up to date.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to use initiative.
- Good organisation skills.
- Good practical skills.
- Hard working and enthusiastic.
- Great sense of humour.
Please Note: – As the practice has an out of hour’s provider,any unnecessary transfer of in-patients will be reduced; meaning in-patient checks are required from time to time.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Registered Vet, Registered Veterinary Nurse, Registered Nurse, Veterinary Nurse, Vet, Veterinary, Medical Vacancies, Veterinary Vacancies. Vet Vacancies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com