Job Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Beis Pinchos Nursing Home.
Location: Stoke, Newington
Salary: Rate of pay is from £15-£20, depending on experience.
Hours: Full time permanent, 38 up to 40 hours per week. – Days/Nights (flexible)
Our client is a charitable organisation whose main aims include providing good quality housing for families in need, homes for frail and elderly, hostels for mental health, and developing specialist support units for special needs clients whenever the need arises.
Due to continued success, our client is looking to recruit an experienced Nurse, which is a highly motivated individual with good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, who thrives on working independently and part of a cohesive team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible, as delegated, for the Home nursing care and administration of medication, as prescribed by doctors.
- To help control the supply of medication for residents. To liaise with doctors to ensure that adequate stock of medication is in place.
- To assist on ensuring that all residents have an equal opportunity to enjoy a friendly homely atmosphere within the Home.
- To contact the resident’s doctor when resident requires or asks for.
- To maintain the drug cupboard in good order ensuring supply does not run out.
- To alert the doctor or any other appropriate person when there is any deterioration in resident’s health.
- To act as senior staff member on duty.
- Any duties which may be required to ensure that the life of the residents is as enriched and fulfilling as possible.
- To assist in the induction and training of new staff and identifying training needs of current care staff, and help meet those needs as in-house training.
- To continue your own training where appropriate.
- To undertake administrative duties where appropriate, ensuring residents care records are kept up to date and in good order.
- To attend all relevant meetings, participating in discussions where appropriate.
- To assist in the compilation and presentation of reports and assessments.
- To assist in promoting and developing a professional approach to the role of the care staff.
- To ensure that communication between care and nursing staff is maintained through the line management system.
- To fulfil the duties of Residential Care Worker when necessary; bathing, dressing/ undressing, toileting, personal grooming, feeding and to respond to any emotional or physical needs of residents.
- To be proactive in maintaining the cultural ethos of the Home i.e. helping residents to practise their religious and cultural customs on a daily basis, on Shabbos and Religious Festivals.
- To respond to any task you are asked to perform within reason.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Professional, approachable, honest, friendly, keen, enthusiastic with a positive attitude towards service users. Confident and able to contribute constructively to a team working environment.
- Sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm.
- An active team player but also able to work on own initiative.
- Calm and reflective in a crisis.
- Ability to work in sometimes stressful situations.
- NVQ preferred.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Staff Nurse, Nurse, Care Worker, Health Care Worker, Health Care, Health and Medical, Medical Care
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com