Recruitment and Marketing Manager
Uniquely positioned at the heart of Production Park, Europe’s leading live events production destination, Backstage Academy exists to transform students into Live Industry professionals. It’s no ordinary educational establishment. The students don’t just learn about the industry, they live it.
This role requires a commercially astute, goal driven manager as you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Backstage Academy’s student recruitment strategy. Skilled in using CRM systems, such as Akero, you will use your expertise to devise a student marketing communications strategy that will maximise conversion opportunities.
- Position: Full-Time – 40 hours per week
- Salary: Dependent on experience.
- Location: South Kirkby, Wakefield
- Hours: 40-hour week. 8:30am to 17:30pm.
- Benefits: 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
Profit Share Scheme
Monthly Reward Scheme
Voluntary Health Cash Plan
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting the development of the recruitment strategy.
- Responsible for driving recruitment strategy and meeting KPIs set by the board.
- Enhancing existing, and develop new relationships with schools and colleges.
- Developing and maintaining an accurate database on recruitment flow from initial lead to enrolment.
- Producing regular reports on recruitment and conversion numbers.
Website and digital
- Creating fresh and up-to-date web and social media content working in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Executive.
- Updating information about the Academy on external websites and directories.
- Providing new ideas for digital marketing.
- Briefing in-house creative on ideas for video content.
Collateral and publicity
- Writing and producing marketing materials including prospectuses, leaflets, sourcing student and alumni testimonials, liaising with external designers for all production issues.
- Preparing marketing collateral for presentation to industry partners, feeder schools and colleges, recruitment events etc.
- Compiling media plans.
- Responsible for any event support material.
- Co-ordination of promotional merchandise.
- Managing stock of marketing collateral.
- Proactively seeking out PR opportunities.
- Organising filming and photoshoots with in-house creative.
- Liaising with media.
- Input into advertising design
- Liaison with design agency
- Assistance with proof-reading, editing, copywriting and information collection.
Exhibition and recruitment visits
- Organise Backstage Academy’s representation at exhibitions and skills show.
- Organise Backstage Academy schools outreach programme.
- Representing and promoting Backstage Academy at events (when required) and providing post-event analysis.
- Ensure prompt follow up on leads.
- Assist the Commercial Officer with Open Days.
- Marketing support for Fresher’s week and induction.
- Co-ordinate and develop assets for outreach activities.
- Utilise Akero system to maximise marketing opportunities for potential students.
- Develop campaign-led automated workflows.
- Degree or equivalent
- Experience in a sales and marketing role and some evidence of professional development.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation packages
- Candidates will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of, and empathy with, the character and mission of Backstage Academy
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, including high standards of written communication, grammar and spelling
- Information management skills, including a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Commercial/business awareness
- Be flexible and open to change
- Analytical mindset
- Creative vision
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, frenetic environment
- Ability to express your views clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Good influencing skills
- A good team player who has the ability to get on with tasks and achieve results
- Think about the needs of others as much as your own and be helpful and supportive of others and their work
- Volunteer to help even on work outside your role
- Ability to take responsibility for tasks, prioritising and scheduling own work to ensure deadlines are met
- Have self-confidence and deal with setbacks effectively
- Enjoy taking responsibility
- Act as a role model for others
Planning & Organising
- Ability to prioritise work and respond effectively as new projects are introduced
- Work in an organised way and plan how deadlines will be met
- Always deliver on schedule and to a high standard
Achievement / results orientation
- Be committed to success
- Focus on getting the job done
Please note that this appointment is subject to Disclosure and Barring Clearance
If you believe you have what it takes to excel in this exciting career opportunity, please click the APPLY button and forward a copy of your CV for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org