Job Title: Qualified Teacher: Looked After Care
Job Type: Contract
Salary: The salary for this position will be between £16.00 per hour depending on experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Teacher to join our client’s ever growing team based in Stockport, Greater Manchester. In return our client offers a competitive salary, career and fantastic working conditions.
A family owned business within the childcare sector offering great opportunities. Our client established in 1997 and have grown considerably and worked hard to provide the best full time care and rehabilitation for children and young people. Looking after children and young people of 10-17 years of age, with challenging behaviour / complex needs and children on the periphery of offending.
Consistently delivering placement stability, high quality health and social care along with achieving excellent educational results, which have been pivotal to the success in achieving positive outcomes for children with all kinds of challenging behaviours.
Due to continued success, our client is now recruiting for a Qualified Teacher to work with the LEA teaching core subjects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the educational development of LAC under their supervision. This diverse role needs a patient, calm and empathetic person, who also has the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve.
The designated teacher will:
- Promote a relationship based on high expectations (in relation to IEP), encouraging the pupil to consistently partake in pre-planned lesson activities.
- Successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around the pupil’s IEP
- Ensure that they are responsive to their pupils’ individual needs, by making reasonable adjustments to session delivery where necessary.
- Have a motivating impact on the pupils under their supervision.
- Understand the role in relation to the wider statutory responsibilities of the LEA.
It is essential that the designated teacher:
- Has QTS/QTLS, with certificates to evidence this
- Holds a full UK driving licence
- Has a working knowledge of working with young people attributed IEP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
- Successful candidates must be enthusiastic, committed and have a passion for teaching children 10 years plus.
- Experienced Qualified Teacher:
Required licence or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Qualified Teacher, Qualified Teaching, Teacher, Teaching, Education,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org