Job Vacancy- Purchasing Manager
For a busy Cardiff office, we are looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager with experience in medical or textile buying. To include importing and exporting the person needs to be able to effectively negotiate buying and ordering the best quality equipment, goods and services, at the most competitive prices and assist in managing the supply chain and procurement, on a worldwide scale. Preferably to have experience in working within the MHRA guidelines.
Since its creation in 1854, our client has been developing pioneering innovations that have helped generations of armed forces personnel, seafarers, aid workers and adventurers operate and survive in some of the world’s harshest environments.
We like to work and develop new unique products, within our core competency. As such, we work closely with Special Forces Units throughout the world; explorers who venture to the extremes and future soldier programmes.
As a Purchasing Manager, you’ll need to:
• forecast levels of demand;
• keep a constant check on stock levels;
• conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
• liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
• build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers;
• negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided;
• forecast price trends and their impact on future activities;
• develop a purchasing strategy;
• produce reports and statistics using computer software;
• evaluate bids and make product recommendations,
• ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives;
• attend meetings and trade conferences;
• good oral and written communication skills;
• strong analytical skills;
• commercial awareness;
• the ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships;
• an excellent standard of numeracy and EXCEL to analyse facts and figures;
• a flair for negotiation and networking;
• the ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines;
• a confident and mature approach;
• Depending on experience a salary of £25,000, with further experience can range up to £30,000 pa.
Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5 pm
Desirable: Marine or Military Background .A major European foreign language would also be helpful.
Previous buying experience, CIPS or equivalent, especially medical or textile buying/technical experience and use of SAGE accounts would be advantageous.
In order to be considered for this position, please click the APPLY button to forward a copy of your CV.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org