Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant
Salary: £19,500 per annum or higher dependent on experience
Benefits: Company funded health scheme, statutory pension and flexible working hours, 50% funding for a CIPS Award, 28 days holiday, 4% language proficiency bonus available, training provided.
Hours: Full time
Our client currently has an excellent opportunity for an aspiring buyer to join their international e-commerce company based in Blackpool.
Recently awarded a spot on the Time’s Top 100 SME Exporters, they are an expanding Company looking to get an excellent candidate.
As the Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant, you will report to the Purchasing & Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Assisting all aspects of buying and demand forecasting to aid in stock level optimisation.
- You will complete administrative tasks, data control and keep the function operating when the Coordinator is absent.
- Assist with the purchasing of stock and make purchases when instructed
- Complete assigned consumables purchasing
- Liaise with various internal departments and suppliers to ensure a complete and accurate chain of communication is maintained
- Assist with the research and sourcing of new products
- Assist with demand forecasting and the collation of required data
- Execute effective communication with European and Far Eastern suppliers
- Schedule and track container deliveries with shipping companies
The ideal candidate:
The successful candidate would have a solid ability with numbers in addition to the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Ideally a second class degree in a relevant field (scientific, logistics or business)
- Experience working with large sets of numerical data
- Practised understanding of MS Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Diligent and creative
- Logical and a forward thinker
- Highly organised
- Adaptive and open to change
- Ability to work well as part of a team and as a self-starter
- Excellent communication abilities
- College level education or outstanding GCSE results (all As) are required as a minimum
- Relevant experience would be an advantage but is not required
- Ideally fluent in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
This role would ideally suit a graduate looking to enter into a logistics or buying career. Training will be provided on the job so no prior experience is necessary. If you have not had a response within 15 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Purchasing, Marketing, Bilingual, Multilingual , Multilingual Vacancies, Bilingual Vacancies, Bilingual, Multilingual, Manufacturer, Importer ,Purchasing, Buyer, Procurement ,Purchasing Assistant, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Manager, QA, Purchasing, Components Purchasing, Mandarin, Translator, Linguist, Chinese, Assistant, Junior, Trainee,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org