Job Title:Purchasing Administrator
Reports To:Purchasing Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Place of Work: Head Office, Specflue Ltd, 8 Curzon Road, Chilton Industrial Estate, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 2XW
This is a great opportunity for a candidate to progress their Purchasing career in a varied and dynamic role. The main duty for this role is to place orders for resale goods to ensure that stock is kept at the Sudbury, Honiton and Castleford sites at an appropriate level in order for the company to supply its customers. The role also involves dealing with goods discrepancy duties, and the ordering of not for resale goods (such as uniform and stationery).
- Check stock levels and place orders for resale goods on the basis of known information about optimum stock levels for each item.
- Input orders on to SAP.
- Bring forward and chase low stock levels already ordered.
- Re-order where necessary in response to low stock e-mails or reports.
- Discuss issues with suppliers on the telephone, and resolve any stock/ordering issues.
- Check order acknowledgements.
- Cover for the Goods In Administrator which involves checking documents and deliveries, and follow up outstanding issues (e.g. late deliveries and order errors).
- Order non stock items from a range of companies, ensuring that the best price/value is found.
- Any other reasonable duties which fall within the remit of the purchasing department.
- Establish a good working relationship with internal staff, customers and suppliers.
- Previous experience of working in a Purchasing role would be desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP Business One would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Flexible approach to work to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Purchasing Administrator, Purchasing, Administrator
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com