Are you an experienced Project Manager with previous skills in bespoke project management? Looking to take a step into an amazing career opportunity? Are you an enthusiastic self-starting individual? If the answer to these questions is yes, then our client is looking for you to join their small but fast growing team, Technology Company pre-eminent in the field of fibre-optic sensing, specialising in Fibre Bragg Grating systems. The Company already has a strong international customer base spanning these markets and now wishes to further expand its activities in key fields.
Due to this expansion our client is currently looking for an experienced NPI Project Manager who will support the company growth by strengthening the project team towards the delivery of bespoke and NPI products.
- Project management of bespoke product development projects to meet specific customer requirements.
- Project management of internal product development projects.
- Project management of capacities enhancement project.
- A formal project management qualification and training (e.g. Prince 2/PMP/APM).
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a Project Manager.
- Degree qualified in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Highly numerate, computer literate, commercially aware.
- Self-motivated, able to work largely unsupervised under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills, effective team player.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Experienced Microsoft Project user.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience and/or knowledge of technical topics such as mechanical design assemblies, material science, adhesive selection.
- Knowledge of, (or ability to quickly understand) technical topics such as electronics products, embedded software, optical fibre.
- Experience of managing product development in complex, high value, low volume product development.
- Excellent Customer-Facing approach.
- Flexible to travel to customer locations, occasionally International.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate would have a background as mechanical design engineer giving her/him hands on experience of highly technical product development. She/he will have subsequently specialised in project management, obtained a formal project management qualification and have worked as a project manager in a product development environment.
A background in optical systems development is not required; however the ideal candidate will have a background that includes the development of low volume complex products.
Salary Band: – 40-50k, salary dependant on experience
So if you feel that you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for in their next Project Manager, then what are you waiting for? If you want to be a part of this exciting opportunity, then send in a copy of your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org