We’re looking for a talented and highly creative Project Editor with a passion and responsibility for conceiving and creating high-quality, original children’s books for the company’s trade publishing imprint. If this sounds like you, you could be just the person to join our client’s children’s book publishing studio.
Our client is a independent children’s publisher with a clear mission – to create captivating books for children that will inspire them to read, learn, play and create. Our client’s ambition is to continue their growth plans, as they establish new imprints, new business models, and new strategies, whilst maintaining market growth in core categories. Currently our client is looking to recruit enthusiastic people who will share this drive and passion, and join them on this journey.
What you’ll be doing
- Generating innovative ideas for book series/formats and individual titles with Senior Designer.
- Overseeing book creation from initial concept through to supply of repro-ready files.
- Commissioning on-trend artwork from freelance illustrators and designers.
- Commissioning freelance writers as and when required.
- Editing and writing book copy for publication for the Trade publishing list and also for the other publishing imprints of the company.
- Overseeing artwork, design and photography for books.
- Organising meetings with fellow Projects Editors and Senior Designers in order to generate ideas for book formats, artwork styles, layout and editorial tone for the list.
- Contributing ideas of the other publishing imprints of the company.
- Negotiating payments with freelance creative suppliers.
- Sending out briefs to writers, which can include word count, deadline, fee and writing style.
- Proofreading all pages before going to press.
- Raising the profile of the trade publishing imprint.
- Writing marketing and sales copy for the imprint titles for AIs, ONIX feed, Intranet and catalogues.
- Assisting other staff to meet their deadlines.
- Above all – using your creative talent and knowledge of children’s books to help to shape the future direction of the company’s product development.
What you’ll need to have
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong copywriting and editorial skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and excellent time management.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Concentration, accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Ability to identify design and illustration trends and a good understanding of composition.
- A passionate and hardworking personality.
- Ambitious and keen to learn.
- Positive, enthusiastic and eager for success.
- A professional attitude towards business practise.
- Good MS Word skills, InDesign skills are an advantage.
- A passion for children’s books is essential!
So are you interested? If so, then what’re you waiting for? If you meet our client’s necessary experience and feel like you could be their next Project Editor, then send in your CV along with any other documentation you feel could help by clicking the APPLY button below to be a part of this exciting opportunity!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com