Our client is a successful family owned company, proud of its achievements and its strong team. You will be part of a friendly and supportive team that aims to develop a culture of innovation, excellent customer service and employee engagement.
The company provides innovative chemistry equipment for safer, cleaner, greener and more productive chemical research. Our client’s largest customers are in the academic, pharmaceutical, biotech, agrochemical, chemical and fine chemical markets and sell directly in the UK and internationally via a network of Distributors.
About the job:
Reporting to the Production Manager.
- Scheduling all jobs for the workshop using stock demand, customer orders and available forecast information.
- Constantly review production performance to ensure planned requirements will be effectively achieved and manage the consequence of any unforeseen issues.
- Planning to maintain a consistently high delivery level with a target of 99% on time deliveries.
- Work with the Production Manager to determine when / how new orders can be managed to ensure customer satisfaction levels are met.
- Liaise with all internal departments as necessary to ensure planning requirements are understood and that all delivery dates are managed to be time. Ensuring rapid communication of any production issues that may adverselyaffect agreed lead times.
- Collate and report performance data against set KPI’s.
- Identify and implement improvements that reduce labour times and waste costs.
- Work to implement necessary tools to plan to the most accurate forecast figures.
- Ordering&material management
- Management of all Production Works Orders from raising through to completion.
- Creating BOM’s for new products and managing BOM’s for existing products.
- Working with Purchasing & Stores to determine agreed stock holding levels, ensure material stock is correct and Works order kitting is carried out effectively.
- Project Management
- Project management of large and complex customer orders. Co-ordinating all elements of projects to ensure customer delivery dates are met.
- Any other tasks required to support the Production Manager in the running of the Production Department
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Considerable experience of working as a Production Plannerin a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of production and planning principles
- Excellent PC skills – advanced level skills in Excel and intermediate in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Educated to degree level, ideally a qualification in planning or scheduling
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management experience
- Experience of working with ERP / MRP systems
- Experience of a technical background (e.g. engineering, science related).
And have the following qualities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to effectively interact pleasantly and positively with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Enthusiasm and perseverance with a positive ‘can do’ attitude. With an aptitude to meet challenges as they arise and willing to get “stuck in” at all levels to get the job done.
- Well organised with a good attention to detail with the ability to maintain high levels of accuracy.
- Excellenttime management skills with an ability to prioritise a role which incorporates a range of tasks.
- Forward thinking always looking for ways to improve current systems and suggest new initiatives
- Diligent attitude with the determination to see things through to completion
- Capable of working as part of a team and able to use own initiative when working individually
What we can offer you:
- Salary commensurate with your experience
- Five weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Comprehensive training will be provided
- Flexible working hours
Interested? Feel like you could help our client become the global market leader they strive to be? If you have what our client is looking for, then send in a copy of your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below to be a part of this exciting opportunity!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org