PHP Web Developer
Salary: £28,000-£32,000pa dependent on experience
Benefits: company pension, parking, regular social events and team building activities, a relaxed dress code and the chance to work within a successful friendly team.
Hours: 42.5 pw
Location: Minehead (Remote Working Available)
Our client is an independent run business based in Minehead, offering motocross/enduro clothing, spares and accessories via the internet. An ever changing fast paced environment, they are seeking an experienced PHP web developer to join their friendly team.
Working alongside a small friendly technical marketing team, your primary role will be to strengthen and grow our clients existing e-commerce website to improve the overall customer experience.
- Significant redevelopment work to ecommerce systems and website
- Responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3 years commercial experience in a similar position
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (min 3 years experience)
- Experience of MySQL Data Management System
- Full understanding of Development, Installation and Updates to jQuery
- Proven working experience of CSS
- Cross browser/device experience i.e: desktop, mobile and app development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- strong PHP/MySQL/JQuery and CSS skills, ideally gained in a Digital/e-commerce environment to join our existing team.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience in using APIs for integration with third party services
- Experience with Payment services such as SagePay
- Experience with Version control such as Git/SVN
Closing Date: 15th of August
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Web Developer, Ecommerce, Sage 50, Web Design, Creative Vacancies, PHP, Website, Software, Data Management, .net, CSS, Digital, Web Frameworks, Web Development, Software Development, Project Management, Software Engineer, Frontline Systems Development, System Design, IT and Internet, IT, New Media, Digital Media, Creative Media.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com