Purpose of the role
To ensure the effective end to end co-ordination of all payroll matters, from approval of tiemsheets, processing payments, dealing with Auto Enrolment, assisting with payment related enquiries from Staff, DWP, Jobcentre and HMRC.
To provide HR advice and guidance to the Area Managers and Contract Managers and ensure all processes and documentation connected with employment matters are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner. To act as the first point of referral for the business on HR issues and refers where necessary to the External Head of HR.
- To ensure that Area Managers and Contract Managers return timesheets in a timely way, checking against budget and raising any budgeting queries or anomalies with AM’s where necessary, approve and process timesheets, uploading into the payroll system.
- To ensure that So Clean comply with the Auto Enrolment Pension processes and that any revisions to the SoClean system is diarised for renewals
- To fully assist where required with external body investigations for example DWP, Jobcentre, Fraud investigations and HMRC and to maintain accurate records as to progress in an electronic format
- To undertake RTI submissions including Year End P.35 reconciliation
- To provide timely support and a responsive service to Employees, Area Managers and Contract Managers dealing with and responding to queries as required.
- To accurately maintain and monitor holiday records both manually and electronically.
- To produce bi-weekly variance reports for actual costs against budget for each contract.
- To ensure Payroll elements of personnel files are kept up to date both manually and electronically.
- To provide practical HR advice to our Area Managers and Contract Managers on situations they are facing with their teams ensuring that the advice they are giving is legally compliant and prag-matic. Where unsure or where matters are complex in nature that referral is made to the Head of HR for advice.
- To advise managers when there are different options to consider and the merits of each of those options.
- To produce all HR documentation for the Managers in the business so there is a clear audit trail of decisions and actions. For example, letters explaining reasons for suspension, invites to discipli-nary hearings, outcome letters and changes to T&C’s letters.
- To be responsible for the management of the company Immigration checking procedures.
- To ensure that all staff have up to date contracts of employment and that new starters are issued with contracts and a copy of the handbook within the first 8 weeks of employment. To ensure the staff handbook is regularly updated in line with employment law and operational changes.
- To diarise all staff probationary periods and notify the Area Managers in good time that the pro-bationary periods are coming to an end in order to establish continued employment or extension of probationary period.
- To be responsible for recruitment across the business including writing and placing of advertise-ments, handling responses, creating shortlists for Managers and where required conducting inter-views with the Area Managers for more senior operational roles. Ensuring that all job descriptions reflect jobs being done in the business.
- To work with the Accounts Co-ordinator in filing of monthly and quarterly National Statistics forms.
- To undertake monitoring of sickness and absence, taking proactive action where necessary in-cluding conducting formal ill health/capability meetings.
- To ensure that personnel files and records are set up and kept up to date both manually and elec-tronically (CMS) including diarising immigration status follow ups.
- To be responsible for employment reference requests.
- To deal with all TUPE transfers in and out with Employers Liability Information collected from the outgoing contractor/ provided together with identification of any measures that the company will have to take. Undertake one to one meetings with staff who are transferring to the business and to provide all relevant letters to staff transferring in and out.
- To undertake investigations into grievance/ disciplinary matters where required.
- To chair disciplinary hearings where required.
- To consider ways in which HR can further be developed within the business and standardisation of approach for example in regard to performance management, appraisals, incentives etc.
In order to be considered for this position, please click the APPLY button below to forward a copy of your CV and a member of the hiring team will be in touch.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org