Packing Operative Vacancy
Hours: 08:30 to 17:00 Mon-Thurs (with 15 mins morning tea break, half an hour lunch break and 15 mins afternoon tea break).
Friday: 08.30 to 16.30 hrs (with 15 mins morning tea break and half an hour lunch break).
Location: Burntwood, Staffordshire,
Salary: starting salary £17,000 with a six months probationary period.
Our client is one of the leading brands in the power transmission industry. Due to continued growth, they are currently recruiting for Packing Operatives within their main distribution centre at Burntwood, Staffordshire area.
Our Client’s packing operatives are trained to ensure flexibility within the team and to improve job satisfaction. Packer is responsible for the packaging of a variety of Power Transmissions products. The Packer position is a support role for several areas of Light assembly work.
Full training will be provided.
*Perform production duties such as manual lifting, packaging, taping, labelling operations and sorting
*Move product and inventory using a forklift and bin system
*Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
*Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
*Perform related duties as required by supervision
*Break down cardboard for recycling
* Assist in compiling daily reports, using IT system provided by transport company e.g. TNT
* Keep the management informed of any problems
* Work as a team member
* Present attention to detail when completing tasks
* Cope with a physically demanding role
* Work to quality standards, skills and experience
* Self-Motivated and disciplined
* Present excellent communication skills in English
*Effectively communicate information
*Perform basic visual quality inspections on products.
* Maintain the production pace of other team members
* Be computer Literate&some level of PC literacy would be advantageous
If you feel you are right for this position please apply by clicking the APPLY button below and sending your CV. A member of the recruitment team will be in touch to discuss your application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com