Our client currently has a fantastic opportunity and is currently looking for an Operations Supervisor/Driver to join their team.
To work as part of a team of staff and volunteers to deliver high levels of customer service, to contribute to the day to day running of the charity’s retail outlets and to grow the business to support the long-term sustainability of the organisation. To support the General Manager and Operation/Sales Manager in the smooth running of the operations of Furniture Plus, supervising the activities of operations staff, and ensuring compliance with Health & Safety Regulations throughout the work place.
- · Supervise the activities of Operations full/part-time staff, volunteers and work placements, issuing daily work plans
- · Ensure the smooth running of the warehouse in conjunction with the General Manager and Operation/Sales Manager.
- · Carry out Risk Assessments as appropriate
- · Carry out Fire Drills as requested and weekly bell/alarm tests in Dysart and Dunfermline
- · Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Regulations throughout the work place, ensuring safe working practices by all members of staff
- · Ensure that all goods into the warehouse are stored in their correct designated area to minimise any potential damage and that any repairs/cleaning needs are carried out by an appropriate team member
- · Ensure that all goods out of the warehouse are handled appropriately to minimise any damage
- · Carry out regular checks/surveys on the warehouse, reporting any maintenance requirements to the General Manager
- · Monitor and maintain levels of stock control as directed by the Management Team.
- · Support other members of staff by working with them and assisting them to improve their on-the-job skills, reporting any training needs to the General Manager.
- · Ensure deliveries and collections are carried out daily in a timely manner, using the TRACKER and PALACE system as appropriate
- · Ensure drivers are carrying out regular vehicle maintenance checks and assist as appropriate, reporting any maintenance requirements to the General Manager
- · Ensure drivers are restraining collected items correctly to prevent damage and/or accidents
- · Ensure drivers have appropriate breaks in accordance with driving hours regulations
- · Supervise loading and unloading of vehicles, recording any damages
- · Check drivers’ daily reports and refer to the General Manager for any action required
- · Check incoming items match collection sheets
- · Liaise with sales support staff for any special requirements for vehicle workloads
- · Assist in driving duties as and when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- · Experience of working in a team environment
- · Knowledge and practical experience of working in a warehouse environment
- · Supervisory experience and/or appropriate supervisory certification
- · Willingness to participate fully in all every day practical tasks
- · A creative approach
- · Flexibility
- · Ability to deal with the physical demands of the role
- · Be sympathetic with and supportive of the aims of the charity
Location: – Dysart (but also Dunfermline depending on the needs of the organisation)
Hours: – 37.5 hours per week, worked over a 6 day period, Monday to Saturday
Salary: – To Be Confirmed
The postholder may be required to perform duties appropriate to the post other than those given in thisJob Description or as directed by the Management team. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not in themselves justify reconsideration of the grading.
If you feel that you have the experience our client is looking for and would like to be part of this exciting opportunity, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org