Job Type: Part Time / Three days a week.
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Salary: c£35K FTE
Our client is the international centre of excellence for the art of hand embroidery and a charity with the mission to keep the art of hand embroidery alive through teaching and commissions.
Over the last few years, the school has grown significantly and in the last year alone created many ‘firsts’ including distance learning programmes, Embroider A Selfie for Schools and a US Summer School, so as the school continues to grow, the company is looking recruit an experienced Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of the organisation and especially to take some work load off the Chief Executive.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive
- One direct report
- To be the systems administrator for our database (ThankQ 10.1), website and API links (Marketing will have content ownership of the website).
- To undertake the core of the HR management.
- To ensure the effective running of the whole RSN operation including logistics issues.
- To Chair the weekly Ops meeting to have an overview of all RSN activities.
- To oversee project management of new initiatives.
- To ensure best use is made of the space available.
- To have an overview of health and safety issues working with relevant colleagues
- To be responsible for ensuring policies are up to date and published on the website, where necessary, to the timetable required by the RSN’s overseeing bodies (QAA, OFS, OIA)
- Other activities as requested by the Chief Executive or Finance Director
Personal skills and experience
- You will need good organisational skills
- To be a quick learner
- A can-do positive attitude
- A team leader and excellent communicator who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- A background in or awareness of the higher education environment would be beneficial for this role
- Excellent skills with MS office
- Operational management experience and experience of managing CRM systems as you will act as systems administrator for our database (Access ThankQ).
- You will need team management and HR experience for liaising across all parts of the organisation.
- You will need excellent organisational skills to help manage the ‘bigger picture’ and experience of managing projects and budgets.
- You will need experience of developing and updating policies, especially those in relation to higher education and of quality reporting in relation to the annual submissions to the QAA, OfS and the OIA.
Closing date 21 September
If you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Operations Manager, Operations Management, Management, Project Manager, Project Management, Textiles
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com