Our client is a leading Engineering firm with offices around the UK. Due to continued growth, they are looking to recruit an Operations Engineer to cover the Hampshire and Berkshire Areas.
Main Purpose of The Role:
- To efficiently carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance work on company Installations / Other user’s installations
- To efficiently diagnose & implement all reactive maintenance work on company installations / Other user’s installations
- To carry out initial fault finding (locally & remotely) on company installations / Other user’s installations
- To participate in scheduled on call system and assist with breakdowns
Goals & Objectives:
- To profitably maintain the companies O&M service fleet. This means ensuring the service fleet is maintained in a cost effective way as measured by the management accounts
- To maintain the Service Operation with the clear goal of maximum efficiency & effectiveness, achieving service performance which is valued by customers but at the lowest operating cost in the market place & as a profitable business unit
- Maximise availability and uptime by effecting a first time fix wherever possible.
- To ensure that service “customers” receive good, yet cost effective service & to ensure that they are satisfied with the product and service provided
- Carryout all service in line with the manufactures instruction and service schedules
- To ensure that the mechanisms are in place to ensure that all contracts are correctly implemented & that chargeable work is carried out in a way that is valued by customers & profitable to the O&M operation
- To manage all operational duties connected with the Operations Engineers & any third party contractors with efficiency & effectiveness, but at the lowest operating costs
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Scope of Activities
1 Responsible to the Service Manager for all aspects related to the service and maintenance of all gas and diesel engines and their ancillary equipment. Ensure that all maintenance is completed at the lowest operating cost while adhering to the performance criteria required within the Service Contracts
2 Responsible for close co-operation with the Service Manager, and all associated with the parts and service organisation for all aspects related to the successful operation of the After Sales Contracts
3 In each of the above items, the fundamental responsibility is with the individual Manager, but decisions are made that are beneficial to the wellbeing of the Edina Group
Applicants must demonstrate on their CV or Application Form how they meet the following Essential Criteria;
Minimum qualification to ONC/D, NVQ or City & Guilds level in mechanical/electrical engineering or motor vehicle studies
Knowledge & Experience
Competent time served Technician in a mechanical/electrical discipline, preferably with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Competent Technician with considerable skills and in-depth knowledge of gas/diesel engines.
Effective IT skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Office Packages.
Full current Driving Licence.
Should a large number of applications be received the following desirable criteria will be applied;
Hold a Gas Safe qualification.
Hold a recognised H&S qualification and in date CSCS card.
Knowledge and understanding of control, systems, engine controller’s/PLC’s.
Effective and focused on delivering results and working as an integral part of the Edina team.
Effective skills in customer relations and willing to promote the benefits of the Edina product.
Flexible in approach to working conditions due to the nature of the role.
The role will involve weekend work and possible out of hours’ work.
Willingness to undertake necessary mandatory in house training programme associated with role.
In order to be considered for this position, please click the APPLY button below and forward a copy of your CV.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com