Salary: 16,000 – 19,500 per year
Hours: 40 hours per week
Benefits: Independent nursery, friendly, experienced team, 5.6 weeks holiday a year, 30 minutes of lunch break paid, excellent training opportunities, very supportive management team, access to great outdoor space
Our Client are a farm based nursery in the Surrey Hills, with on-site Forest School located on a magical site, in converted barn buildings, surrounded by open countryside, where children’s imaginations are free to run wild. They care for children aged 6 months to 4 years, following the core Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) in the nursery and pre-school and believe in supporting and developing children’s, imagination, creativity and connection with the great outdoors and provide education and teaching based on play and exploration.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, observe, mentor and support children aged 6 months to 2.5 years following the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework and legislation
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the nursery is fulfilled
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with parents and carers in a way that supports children’s learning and development and values parental involvement
- Ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of all children
- Keep records of your children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- Be involved in curriculum planning, policy writing and record keeping as requested by the supervisor
- Adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the nursery including Safeguarding and Welfare, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection
- Advise management team of any concerns over children’s safety and wellbeing
- Maintain training record keeping up to date on all training relevant for your role including safeguarding, first aid training and food hygiene
- Ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times, including the completion of accident, incident and existing injury forms
- Respect the confidentiality of information acquired as part of the job
- To undertake regular training as part of continual professional development
Qualification and Experience
- NVQ Level 3 childcare qualification desirable, but NVQ Level 2 will also be considered
- Paediatric First Aid desirable but not essential.
- Food safety and hygiene desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working with young children in either a nursery or private care setting
- DBS certification
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY buton below.
Keywords: Nursery Practitioner, Nursery Educator, Nursery Nurse, Level 3, Level 2, Childcare, Nursery, Childcare practitioner, Childcare Educator
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org