Benefits: 20 days holiday + Bank holidays, Pension scheme, training provided
Our client is a 39 place nursery which provides care for children from 6 weeks old to primary school age. Established since 1995, the setting welcomes all children from Hull city centre, they are local to shops, bus routes and many primary schools. The nursery is split into 4 rooms – the babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers and kidz klub where educational and fun learning is their aim! Working with the Early Years Foundation Stage framework the children are given the opportunity to develop to their full potential whilst in their care.
They are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated practitioner to work with children aged 2 to 11 years
- Contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children.
- Be aware of the nursery policies and procedures and ensure these are adhered to.
- Be responsible for the welfare of all children in your designated room, organising systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care.
- Be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns.
- Deploy staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios in your room whilst supporting other rooms.
- Reflect on practice and routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child throughout the day.
- Lead planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities and ensuring your room is well-resourced and creatively set-up.
- Lead observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively – includes Individual Education Plans for children with Special Educational Needs.
- Develop genuine bonds with your key children and support and monitor colleagues to sensitively fulfil their key person responsibilities.
- Work in partnership with all parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication and involvement in nursery life.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of working in a busy day nursery and of being a key worker to children aged 2-5 years.
- A minimum of 2 years experience is essential
- Applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS check
- Energetic, creative, friendly and enthusiastic
- NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care Learning & Development.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Able to plan and provide age-appropriate activities.
- Able to observe, assess and track children’s learning & development.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Nursery Practitioner, Nursery Nurse, Education, Education and Teaching, Childcare, Nursery Teacher, Teacher, Nursery Educator, Early Years,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com