Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Benefits: 25 days holidays + bank holidays, Pension scheme, excellent working environment
Hours: Full Time
As the UK’s centre of excellence for peas and beans, our client has a long and highly valued track record of providing authoritative, up to date information and project work based on solid, reliable research.
They are a non-statutory levy organisation supported by their grower members, the UK trade and by a substantial amount of outside funding for applied research.
Research is carried out both on their own and in partnership with UK, European and worldwide research and commercial organisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in agricultural/horticultural trials with a highly-respected and independent research organisation offering career development opportunities.
- Undertake project and commercial work in our client’s molecular lab.
- The role will focus on processing DNA extractions from plant and soil samples and using qPCR to quantify pathogen levels.
- Projects and commercial work are on plant pathogens mainly.
- The job may also include glasshouse and some field work when assistance is required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Scientific qualification to BSc level is required and experience with DNA extractions and qPCR is essential.
- An appetite for team work and good organisational skills are required.
- The vacancy is immediate, the initial appointment will cover maternity leave for a period of 12 months with an initial 3 months’ probation
- A permanent post may be offered after this initial 12 months.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Molecular, Biologist, Biology, Scientific Vacancies, Biological Science Vacancies, DNA, Agricultural, Horticultural, Agriculture, Horticulture, Science and Agriculture
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com