A bit about the role…
- You will be working in the media team, which operates a bit like a trading floor due to the volume of short term buying. They are a talented bunch who work together to negotiate some of the best deals in the market
- You will be responsible for your own clients in full, account managing, buying press, TV, inserts and some digital, carrying out ongoing analysis and providing rationale for new ideas to drive their business.
- Liasing with the studio to ensure that all bookings made are fulfilled and the copy is correct.
- Co-ordinating Media, Creative, Production and Client building strong relationships and trust.
- Obtaining results and reporting back to with detailed analysis – sharing the information with the client and the team.
- Ensuring that your clients are happy at all times, discussing any issues with the Directors and aiming to exceed expectations.
A bit about what you need…
A great attitude is key, attention to detail is vital, we work in an open plan office, so getting on with others and being prepared to ‘muck in’ is a must.
- Direct response advertising across a range of mediums
- Knowledge of the press, TV and insert market
- A talent for analysis and reporting data
- Planning, negotiating and buying skills
- An understanding of both 1-stage and 2-stage selling
- Presentation skills for client results and strategy
- Commercial awareness
- A head for figures
- An awareness of the creative and production process
- A passion for making a difference
- Time management and the ability to follow HR processes
- Being fully accountable for successes and failures.
- A strong knowledge of Excel, MS Word & Powerpoint
- PC and Internet proficient.
- A bonus if you also have experience in Mediatel, Adalyser and Google Analytics, Mailchimp
- Online savvy including managing social media updates and blogs.
A bit about you…
- Top notch negotiation skills and a confidence in dealing with clients and media owners at varying levels, both on the phone and face to face.
- Punctual, diligent and proud
- Passionate about media, results, deals and ROI
- A positive attitude and friendly personality; understanding the importance of building relationships with our team, suppliers and clients alike.
- Ability to manage your workload and be willing to service clients’ demands which are usually 9 – 5.30 Monday to Friday – but not always!
- Someone who thinks on their feet and is quick to react to an opportunity – picking up the phone rather than sending an email.
- A multi-tasker, who thrives on variety of work, where no 2 days are the same and when your day does not always go to plan.
- Prepared to travel in UK to client or media meetings.
- Hungry, driven and loyal, looking for rewards based on contribution.
The bit you get…
- A competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- 21 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day a year up to 25 days.
- Training and development
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking nearby, if you don’t object to short walk (or if you want a long walk or a run at lunchtime we have a shower too!)
- Bonus scheme based on results
- Bonus for new business contribution
- Free flowing tea and coffee and even biscuits and pastries at our quarterly team meetings
- Shutdown for Christmas & New Year
- A great place to work, a beautiful City on the doorstep and a team that is clever, fun and friendly who make coming to work much nicer than you think
- We also have a dog rota if you fancy bringing your pooch to see your work place!
If this sounds like the role for you and you feel you’re the ideal candidate, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com