Are you an experienced Design Engineer looking to play a pivotal role in our client’s fast growing company? Are you an enthusiastic self-starting individual? If the answer is yes, then our client is looking for you to join their small but fast growing team. Our client is a technology company pre-eminent in the field of fibre-optic sensing, specialising in Fibre Bragg Grating systems. The Company already has a strong international customer base spanning these markets and now wishes to further expand its activities in key fields.
Due to this expansion, our client is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will support the company growth by strengthening and our current mechanical team especially towards the pressure sensors range targeting the O&G market.
The mechanical design engineer will be responsible for applying sound engineering principles in the development and documentation of our client’s products.
- Designing and developingopto-mechanical sensor design:
- Generation or review of new opto-mechanical sensor design concepts from First Principles.
- Enhancing and maintaining current mechanical designs in order to improve the manufacturability and/or the cost.
- 3-D CAD and FEA stress and strain and thermal modelling of candidate designs.
- Performing NPI and support production volume roll-out:
- Generation of manufacturing drawings, bills of materials, route cards.
- Writing of SOP/Work Instructions and testing instructions
- Integrating Mechanical design information on the company ERP
- Formal technical qualifications in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 2/3 years’ mechanical engineering experience in a small to medium volume environment, ideally within the Oil&Gas market.
- Mechanical CAD experience (CREO 3.0 preferred).
- Capable of processing a large amount of information from a multidisciplinary environment.
- An innovating mind and a capacity of thinking differently
- Acute attention to details and extremely rigorous.
- Highly numerate, computer literate (especially MSOffice).
- Self-motivated, pro-active, capable of convincing others.
- Hands-on, willing to stand up on the shop-floor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising between the Engineering, Production and Operation teams, effective team player.
- Fluent English speaker.
Desirable skills and experience, one or more of these would be advantageous:
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Value engineering product development.
- Any manufacturing processes experience (welding, machining, brazing, …)
- Any transducer design experience
- Material science especially metallurgy and nickel Alloys
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical engineering background ideally inOil&Gas with the design of pressure vessel.
- He/she will be creative and the capacity to propose original solution.
- He/she will possess excellent manual and technical problem solving skills and have excellent attention to detail.
- He/she will have excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to convince others.
For the right candidate a challenging role within an exciting and rewarding environment awaits.Opportunity exists for career advancement within the Company.
Location: – Bracknell
So if you feel that you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for in their next Mechanical Design Engineer, then what are you waiting for? If you want to be a part of this exciting opportunity, then send in a copy of your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com