Mechanic (Vehicle Technician)
This is an exciting opportunity for vehicle technicians wanting to work as part of a small dedicated team providing maintenance and repairs to a diverse range of vehicles, plant and equipment.
Location: Dudley MBC, DY2 8JW
Hours: Working 37 hours per week / Week 1 6am to -2pm / Week 2 10am to 6pm
Salary: Grade 8 £26,556 – £29,033 plus
- Annual leave 29 to 33 days per annum (depending on length of local government service)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
The applicant will be able to demonstrate the right behaviours and values to work as part of a team and be customer focussed and committed to providing a quality service.
A good understanding of MOT regulations would be advantageous as well as Health and Safety procedures.
- Inspect, service and repair vehicles, equipment using appropriate tools, equipment and facilities in a safe and proper manner
- Conducting fault diagnostic checks on vehicles, plant and equipment
- Preparing and taking vehicles for MOT testing
- To participate in a vehicle breakdown service
- To participate in winter maintenance operations
Interested candidates should possess:
- City and Guilds Qualification in the repair and maintenance of Heavy Goods Vehicles or equivalent NVQ at Level 3
- LGV Category C Licence (or willing to be trained and pass within 6 months of employment)
Closing Date 20.05.18
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Mechanic, Auto Vehicle Technician, Vehicle Technician, Auto Mechanic, Auto Technician,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org