Our client is part of an international partnership specialising in the forensic investigation of incidents, including mechanical, metallurgical and materials-related incidents, fires, explosions, and provides independent expert services to their clients.
Due to continued success within the company, our client is currently looking to recruit high calibre, enthusiastic Metallurgists and Materials Engineers to provide specialist advice within more general investigation work. This position involves working throughout the UK and offers opportunities to relocate overseas.
Salary: Competitive salary, plus bonuses.
This role is to provide expert technical assistance to our clients. You will take ownership of your own case load and manage all aspects of each investigation; including reviewing the scope of each investigation, interviewing witnesses, recording of evidence ( both photographic and written), collection and analysis of physical evidence, commissioning of tests, verbal reporting, written reporting and provision of oral evidence, in Court, if necessary.
Skill Sets Required
- Excellent “hands-on” understanding of engineering, metallurgy, materials and scientific principles.
- Ability to formulate a technical hypothesis to explain an event, and to “test” this hypothesis against evidence.
- Natural enthusiasm for problem solving.
- Good communication skills for both interviewing witnesses, and presenting ideas.
- Experience in an industrial environment would be very helpful, but is not essential, if you have the required skills to learn quickly.
- Educated to degree level, be a Chartered Engineer or Scientist and have the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Experience in failure investigations including polymers would be an advantage.
Our client has a world class reputation in this field, and the majority of the training is via a mentoring or shadowing process. You will learn from experts with unique experience and insights into what constitutes evidence and how such evidence can be effectively collected, recorded and presented. Relevant training will be provided.
- This role will be fascinating for an engineer who loves to understand how things work and why they fail.
- Extremely varied, with involvement in almost every industry type.
- Also a wide variety of daily activities.
- Competitive salary, plus bonuses.
- Benefits include pension, medical insurance, health insurance, company car and generous holiday package.
- Salary scale is exceptional, once you have proven you can perform in this role.
Suitable candidates with alternative career paths to a high level understanding of failure mechanisms will also be considered and are encouraged to apply. The only absolute is the ability to think through and solve unique problems using science and engineering principles.
In order to be considered for this position, please click the APPLY button below to forward a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter. A member of the hiring team will contact you to discuss the application.
Keywords: Materials Science, Investigation of Failures, Material, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Materials Scientist, Chartered, Forensic Investigation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org