Our client, a leader in their field, is currently looking for an experienced, self-motivated Finance Professional to join their small support team, to carry out a pivotal role within their growing development consultancy. A self-starter with the ability to work independently, the successful candidate will be responsible for the complete day-to-day running of the finance function, monitoring the organisation’s performance and presenting data to assist Directors’ decision-making, preparing monthly management accounts and further development of financial systems already in place. There is a real opportunity to grow and shape the role and the position is seen as key to ensuring our organisation’s future success.
Location:Hexgreave Hall, Farnsfield
Hours: 30 Hour Week (Flexible over 4 or 5 days)
Salary: Competitive salary – dependant on experience
Benefits: 5 weeks paid holiday, company profit share scheme, discounted private health insurance, free parking and working in a stunning rural location.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience with AAT Level 3/4 diploma or part qualified ACCA/CIMA
• Sales ledger/receipts/invoices (on SAGE Line 50).
• Purchase ledger/invoices/payments (on SAGE Line 50).
• Bank – payments, receipts, transfers and reconciliation, including cashflow (on SAGE Line 50).
• Payroll including PAYE, dividends and pensions, inputting journals and submitting FPS (on SAGE Line 50).
• Nominal ledger – journals, accruals, prepayments and report production (on SAGE Line 50).
• Presentation and analysis of management reports.
• Attending monthly board meetings to interpret financial data and propose areas of focus.
• Share dividend payment certificates.
• Maintain fixed asset register including depreciation.
• VAT – reconciliation, auditing and payment.
• Year-end accounts, including liaising with accountant.
• Internal audit of all transactions.
• Maintenance and updating of finance templates.
• Maintaining and balancing a petty cash system.
• Training of office team to provide basic cover for peaks & holidays.
• Cover for office colleagues as required.
• Possess good accounting experience, some tax knowledge desirable.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and use of SAGE Line 50 Accounts and Payroll.
• Excellent eye for detail, diligent knowledge of accounting regulations.
• Ability to communicate with confidence at all levels.
• Industry experience and commercial awareness.
• Ability to embrace change and constantly look to improve ways of working.
• A team player, able to work effectively as part of our small support team.
• Flexible and reliable.
• Friendly and positive attitude.
If you feel that you’re the ideal candidate, then send in your CV at email@example.com or call in at 01772 886 799
Keywords: management accountant, accountant, cima, acca, aat, part qualified accounting jobs, accounting jobs, sales ledger, purchase ledger, sage accountant, part qualified accountant
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org